MKO: Landscape & Visual Assessment Professional
Landscape & Visual Assessment Professional
MKO is seeking to recruit a Landscape & Visual Assessment Professional to join the company’s Environmental team. The successful candidate will be working on projects in the wind energy, solar energy, industrial and infrastructure sectors, and a broad range of experience on large-scale projects in these sectors is preferable.
The key responsibilities associated with the role will be:
- Landscape Character Assessments
- Landscape & Visual Assessment chapter for Environmental Impact Assessment Reports (EIAR) for projects at a variety of scales.
- Landscape & Visual Assessment Reports to accompany planning applications for various types and scales of projects
- Carrying out site visits, fieldwork and photography to inform LVIAs
- Report writing and assisting with inputs for Landscape and Visual Assessment reports
- Landscape Design, Restoration Plans etc.
The key requirements of the post will be:
- A third-level qualification in Landscape Planning, Landscape Architecture, or related fields that give the candidate the necessary skills to complete the role;
- Experience in fulfilling similar functions or in a similar role;
- An understanding of the Irish planning system;
- Good working knowledge of CAD, Photoshop and GIS. Knowledge of MapInfo or Arc GIS would also be an advantage.
- Excellent presentation and report writing skills and attention to detail
- A confident and creative approach to the assessment process.
- A collaborative and flexible approach to the role with ambition to excel and grow within the company.
Remuneration for the role will be commensurate with the skills and experience of the successful candidate. Applications are invited from candidates of all levels of experience that satisfy the key requirements of the role.
Candidates interested in the available position should apply by emailing an up to date Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter/Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
MKO is a specialist environmental and planning consultancy, based in Galway City. The company employs over 55 people across its five internal teams, which offer services in the fields of Ornithology, Ecology, Environmental, Planning and Estates & Project Management. We deliver challenging and complex projects on behalf of our clients and our range of nationwide expertise and multi-disciplinary service offering add real value to their projects. Full details of the company’s services are outlined on the company website, www.mkoireland.ie