ILI Viva Voce Form for the Migration of Professionally Qualified Landscape Architects
PLEASE SEND THE COMPLETED FORM BY EMAIL TO: [email protected] (Interviews will take place via video conference call)
GUIDANCE ON MPQLA [Migration of Professionally-Qualified Landscape Architects]
Guidance Notes to help IFLA member applicants migrate between associations based on EU legislation and IFLA EUROPE regulations.
IFLA Europe Regulation:
Article 8.10 – National or multi-national professional associations who wish to become Effective members of IFLA Europe shall accept applications for membership from graduates of all landscape architecture programmes in the countries of the European Union and the Council of Europe (specifically programmes recognised by IFLA Europe), subject to whatever additional professional practice requirements may be suggested or recommended by the specific association.
Article 8.10 of the Regulations outlines issues of movement between associations within Europe, it does not clarify movement of professionals from or to an IFLA Association that is not in IFLA Europe. The Irish Landscape Institute will apply IFLA Europe procedures in cases where applicants wish to migrate from members of IFLA Associations outside of Europe.
UNDERSTANDING THE PROCESS
The Application Process to assist MPQLA requires the completion of the IFLA Europe Application form which you can download here:
FORM TO ASSIST THE MIGRATION OF PROFESSIONALLY QUALIFIED LANDSCAPE-ARCHITECTS
The Form fulfils a dual function:
Firstly it records the process of migration between the two associations and identifies any problems.
Secondly, it acts as an Application Form to the I.L.I and it certifies the candidates academic and professional status.
Upon completing the form and following procedures;
i. Applicants can either become members of the Irish Landscape Institute from another IFLA Europe association
ii. ILI members can become a member of an IFLA Europe Association.
Stages of Migration:
* The candidate downloads and completes the application form from the IFLA Europe website.
* The candidate sends the form to the Association where the candidate is already a member. The Association confirms the candidate’s academic qualifications and professional status. The candidate must be in good standing with the association in order for their application to be approved. Note: If the candidate is not a member of the Association in the country where he is resident and practising, he may need to join to obtain this verification.
* The form is returned to the candidate, who sends a copy of the form to IFLA Europe. IFLA Europe Secretariat will register the application and send a registration number to the applicant: [email protected]
The candidate completes the form with the registration number issued by IFLA EUROPE and sends it to the Association in the country where he wishes to migrate and practice.
* The form is completed by the new Association, which determines the class of membership, and notes other prerequisites (CPD – continuing professional development, membership fees, professional indemnity insurance) and, if the presentation of a portfolio, an adaptation period under supervised practice, or if submission to a professional practice examination, is required. The Association may also wish to state any limitations or privileges relating to the class of membership.
* The form is returned to the candidate with a copy to IFLA EUROPE.
If you find that this method of joining the ILI Corporate Membership does not apply to your circumstances, you can apply to sit the Professional Practice Exam.