The Irish Landscape Institute is the professional body representing Landscape Architects in Ireland, governed by a Constitution and a Code of Professional Conduct. The Institute has a membership of 200+, made up of fellows and full members, graduate members, student members, honorary members and affiliates. ILI is a registered member of EFLA (European Foundation for Landscape Architecture), World Urban Parks and IFLA (International Federation of Landscape Architects).
The ILI aims to:
- Set standards of excellence in the fields of landscape planning, landscape architecture and landscape management.
- Encourage and facilitate the Continued Professional Development of its members.
- Increase public awareness of landscape professionals and their work.
- Support the interaction of landscape architecture with related disciplines such as engineering, architecture and planning.
- Support the development of landscape education at all levels in Ireland.
- In promoting knowledge of the profession, the Institute runs a lecture series, which is generally free and open to non-members and associated professionals.
- Conferences are held regularly.
- The ILI Awards are held biennially, honoring excellence in the fields of landscape planning, design and management.