HOW TO ADD A JOB ADVERT?
If you're looking to post an ad to our website and have some queries, follow the instructions on our "ILI_How to Post an Advert" document below
Landscape Architect Job Alerts 2022
Cork City Council
Executive Landscape Architect (5 Year Fixed Term Contract)
The City Council now invites applications, from suitably qualified persons, who wish to be considered for inclusion on a panel from which vacancies for Landscape Architect may be filled. The initial placement will be in the Councils Infrastructure Delivery Directorate but the successful candidate may be assigned to work in/for other Directorates over time.
The Infrastructure Development Directorate is responsible for the planning and delivery of capital projects in the areas of roads and transportation, urban regeneration, urban expansion, parks and amenity services, flood protection, and public realm renewal. The Directorate works closely with a number of funding agencies including the National Transport Authority, the Department of Transport, Transport Infrastructure Ireland and the Office of Public Works. Key objectives for the Directorate at present include the delivery of the Cork Metropolitan Area Transport Strategy (CMATS) (and in particular the cycling, walking and public transport improvements envisaged therein) the delivery of flood protection and public realm improvements and urban regeneration (including Docklands redevelopment).
This represents an exciting opportunity for a talented and enthusiastic Landscape Architect with proven experience to join the Council and work with a number of multidisciplinary design teams in the planning, design and delivery of new infrastructure in Cork City.
Each candidate must, on the latest date for receipt of completed application forms:
- hold an honours degree (level eight in the National Framework of Qualifications) in Landscape Architecture or an equivalent professional qualification,
- have on the latest date of receipt of completed application forms for the office at least five years satisfactory post graduate experience in Landscape Architecture and have a corresponding portfolio of work that demonstrates a high level of quality in design and delivery
- possess a high standard of technical competence and experience,
- have the ability to work on their own initiative and as part of a range of multidisciplinary teams in the planning, design, and delivery of infrastructure,
- have good interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders including interest groups and public representatives,
- have a good working knowledge of the legal and regulatory standards that apply to local authorities including health and safety.
Salary Scale: €53,626 - €74,544 (LSI2)
Further information is available in the Candidate Information Booklet available on our website.
Queries relating to this post should be addressed to [email protected]
In accordance with Departmental Circular Letter EL 02/2011, a person who is not a serving local authority employee on or after 1st January 2011, will enter the scale at the minimum point.
The closing date for receipt of completed applications for this position is 4.00 pm, Friday 16th December 2022.
Applicants may be short-listed on the basis of the information supplied on the application form.
Canvassing will automatically disqualify.
Cork City Council is an equal opportunities employer.
Job advertisement posted on November 29th, 2022
Senior Landscape Architect
Dublin / Cork
A career at Arup offers you the chance to make a positive difference in the world. Independently owned and independently minded, Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment. We offer a broad range of professional services that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work. For more than 70 years, we have helped bring to life ground-breaking projects across the globe.
Dedicated to sustainable development, Arup is a collective of designers, consultants and experts working globally. Founded to be humane and excellent, we collaborate with our clients and partners using imagination, technology, and rigour to shape a better world.
As a Landscape Architect at Arup, we expect our designers to think creatively, innovatively, and develop the best outcomes for people, nature, and the environment. That includes embedding green and blue infrastructure, multi-functional and regenerative design, together with sustainable principles throughout all our projects. At Arup, you will be part of a team that designs and helps deliver forward thinking and iconic projects both associated with our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services and through independent commissions. Independent in ownership and spirit, we are a global firm of designers, engineers, consultants, and technical experts who use our skills to make a positive difference in the world.
Arup provides an integrated approach and delivers sustainable solutions to the design of cities and complex urban and rural environments. We are a team of multi-disciplinary experts working on a variety of incredible projects across the world, helping to shape our future built environment with a clear focus on sustainability. We are currently looking to grow our team in Ireland and are looking for a talented Senior Landscape Architect to join our growing team.
We are differentiated from our competitors by our ability to combine skills to solve particularly complex or unusual problems and help our clients to create an integrated vision with a full commitment to develop successful and sustainable places. We have a diverse workload of high-profile projects across Ireland and internationally, ranging in scale from master planning, infrastructure design and major transportation projects, blue/green infrastructure, and nature-based solutions, through to town centre regeneration, streetscape design and public realm projects.
Senior Landscape Architect
This is a role for a Landscape Architect to join our Cork or Dublin office. As a Senior Designer within Arup, the successful candidate would have a diverse background in strategic thinking, design, detailing and delivery and would be able play a key role in shaping the direction of the team and its offer. The candidate would be expected to help in the development and sharing of key techniques, standards, design, and review processes and technical and construction detailing over a wide variety of projects.
You will be working alongside an unrivalled community of experts, who will support and nurture your growth from the outset. In return, you will help us deliver effective and professional services in a wide range of sectors for varied and high-profile clients. The Arup portfolio is exciting and diverse, exposing you to a range of project scales and types, each offering their own opportunity for personal development.
We are looking for an applicant with a passion for design, curiosity, personal drive, and technical knowhow. If you can demonstrate these skills within the Landscape Architecture profession along with a desire to deliver excellent services for clients, we would like to hear from you. The successful candidate will demonstrate the following qualifications, attributes, and skills as well as an exceptional report writing ability, and an interest in design as part of an integrated design and assessment process.
- Working with project directors and teams to deliver projects.
- Leading and running projects.
- Developing the design and strategic direction of projects.
- Taking responsibility for the quality of project outputs along with the project team.
- Playing a key role in the team development.
- Taking part in business development and the development of skills across the team.
- Managing junior staff (usually after 3-6 months of experience in the role).
Current Projects/Skills and attributes needed:
- A Masters or post graduate diploma qualification in Landscape Architecture or Landscape Management.
- Attained PPILI or CMLI accreditation (or equivalent) with a good knowledge of professional ethics.
- Demonstrable professional experience of landscape architecture (typically 5+ years) with proven experience in design, technical detailing, coordinating tender drawings and managing the construction stage.
- Knowledge of the market in Ireland and experience in building client relationships.
- Specific sector experience in areas such as infrastructure, commercial development and urban regeneration.
- Strong team working skills, particularly working in multi-disciplinary teams including infrastructure, environment, transport and master planning sectors.
- Ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams and lead design teams.
- Ability to understand and respond to the needs of a project brief.
- A strong working knowledge of AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to share ideas through sketching and hand drawing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, together with a proven ability to develop the wider team knowledge base in the lead aspects of this role.
- Enthusiasm for your work and a good self-driven work ethic.
- Knowledge and experience of BIM and Revit.
What to expect at Arup:
- A multicultural and informal working environment where you can develop professionally by being part of a team who enjoy what they do.
- We believe that flexible arrangements, such as hybrid working, create a more inclusive way of working that supports our diversity and the wellbeing of our people.
- Opportunities for short or long assignments at Arup’s offices and projects anywhere in the world.
Employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme, which is dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
Competitive performance-based salary growth.
- A strong corporate culture committed to its values: quality of work, holistic approach, humane organization, straight and honourable dealings, social usefulness and reasonable prosperity.
- Continuous training and professional development that will allow you to adapt to the growing needs of our clients as we embrace digital transformation.
Join us in shaping a better world.
Our goal is to shape a better world, finding solutions for some of the world’s most complex problems. From climate action to social value, we consider the most expansive impacts of our work. Our drive to build a more sustainable, resilient and equitable future shapes our culture and has made us leaders in sustainable development. The successful candidate will join our multi-disciplinary design teams focusing on technical excellence and innovative solutions that create a better future for people, places, and the planet.
'A better way'- Sustainability and Social Equity
At Arup, we strive to bring environmental sustainability and social equity together. We put sustainability at the heart of our projects and invest in research and development that helps tackle issues such as climate change and poverty. We have made a commitment to reach net zero by 2030 and to contribute meaningfully to the UN Sustainable Development Goals, creating shared value for our clients and our communities while safeguarding our planet. Read our net zero carbon plan here.
A career at Arup gives you the chance to have a positive impact on the world. For us, corporate responsibility is not just a policy; it’s a way of working.
Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion is at the heart of what we do
We are committed to creating an inclusive working environment for talented people of any background based on merit, fairness and respect. At Arup, you’ll be a welcomed member of the team with opportunities to participate in social, cultural and educational events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador) or with your colleagues by joining staff networks such as those for women, culture or the LGBTQ+ community.
We are a practice member of the Irish Landscape Institute and a certified CPD accredited employer with Engineers Ireland. We were named Engineers Ireland CPD Employer of the year in 2020
How to Apply?
If this could be the next step in your journey, please apply online here:
Be sure to upload a link or electronic copy of your portfolio with your applications.
Job advertisement posted on October 19th, 2022
Landscape Architect - Permanent full-time
JBA is an independent employee-owned company with an enviable reputation for delivering high quality and outcome-focused environmental and engineering services. We are currently seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Landscape Architect with 4-8 years consultancy experience and with exceptional AutoCAD and software skills to join our growing landscape environmental management team. The post holder will support the expansion of our design services in across Ireland, supporting projects across a wide range of sectors and will be based in Dublin or Limerick. We have an expanding portfolio of work including Park design, Residential development, SuDS/attenuation projects and Commercial and Industrial development on sites throughout Ireland and now seek a talented and motivated Landscape Architect to join our team.
The successful candidate will, amongst other things, be responsible for:
- Providing landscape design input into a range of projects;
- Undertake site based inspections of soft and hard landscape projects in various stages of completion;
- Organising, planning and undertaking site surveys and other fieldwork, for a landscape design or LVIA projects and where required assisting other disciplines such as ecology with basic site survey work; and
- Working with colleagues throughout JBA, and liaising with clients, and stakeholders.
Qualifications and Experience
Candidates will need:
- A recognised/accredited degree in landscape architecture or a related design discipline, a track record in graphic skills, familiarity with engineering and illustrative drawing packages including AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and/or Illustrator, and QGIS, and have a confident approach to design;
- Ideally candidates would have membership of Irish Landscape Institute or UK Landscape Institute and be chartered or working towards chartership;
- Have a full Irish or UK driving licence; and
- In addition, we are looking for a candidate who has gained some experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams to deliver the objectives of large and complex commissions.
A competitive salary is in the range of €35-45,000 available depending on qualifications and experience, together with a comprehensive benefits package and a graduate training programme.
If you wish to discuss the post informally, please contact Bernadette O’Connell on 00353 1 9131910 or [email protected]
No unsolicited CVs from Recruitment Agencies please.
Sunday, 30th October 2022
Job advertisement posted on October 19th, 2022
Dave Ryan Landscape Architects
Project Landscape Architect - Part time or full time position
As an Irish Landscape Institute Registered Practice, we pride ourselves in providing high quality designs, advice, and sustainable and creative solutions for our clients in the fields of landscape architecture, biodiversity and arboriculture. We work across a wide variety of sectors including housing, leisure, transport, renewable energy, local government, conservation and education and have built a good reputation for dealing with complex and challenging projects, providing the best outcomes for our clients, the environment, and local communities.
Due to our rapidly increasing workload, on a range of prestigious projects in Limerick, Galway and Tipperary, we are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and suitably experienced Landscape Architect to join our friendly and growing team. This is a permanent position, based at our offices in Limerick. We are happy to consider full or part-time hours.
The requirements of the post is varied and typically would involve the following:
- Hard and soft landscape design proposals for a range of developments at all stages from concept through to detailed design and implementation.
- Production of technical drawings using AutoCAD.
- Production of illustrative material and photomontages using relevant software or hand drawn.
- Acting as a day-to-day client interface.
- Production of inspection reports.
- Working with the Principal Landscape Architect and Colleagues to help develop new client/ business development opportunities.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Good time management skills, with the ability to manage the workload associated with multiple deadlines and projects.
- A membership of the Irish Landscape Institute is desirable.
- A degree in Landscape Architecture.
- At least 3 years relevant consultancy experience is preferred for the role, showing commercial awareness and successful project outcomes.
- Good horticultural knowledge and technical skills to develop detailed landscape designs and specification work with a keen interest in creating high quality and sustainable places.
- Full Irish driving licence and access to a car.
To apply, please submit a CV, covering letter/ email and a portfolio of your design work to [email protected]. NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Job advertisement posted on September 16th, 2022
Kilkenny County Council
Executive Landscape Architect
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the following post:
EXECUTIVE LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT
Competition Reference Number: 2022/P/O/T/26
Salary Scale: The current salary scale for the position is from €51,549 to €71,656 inclusive of LSI’s.
In accordance with Circular EL02/2011 persons who are not serving Local Authority employees must be placed on the minimum of the scale.
A Panel will be formed from which permanent/temporary/specific purpose vacancies may be filled.
The closing date for receipt of completed applications is: Friday 30th September at 5.00pm
The Application Form together with the Recruitment Guidance Booklet can be obtained from the following link:
Kilkenny County Council reserves the right to shortlist candidates having regard to the requirements for the post, as well as any information contained in the Application Form.
KILKENNY COUNTY COUNCIL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
Job advertisement posted on September 16th, 2022