Shaping Our Electricity Future Roadmap - Online Briefings
A message from EirGrid:
EirGrid recently published Shaping Our Electricity Future: a roadmap to achieve our renewable ambition by 2030.
- You will find the plain English Shaping Our Electricity Future Roadmap Summary Report here.
- You will find the full Shaping Our Electricity Future Roadmap Technical Report here.
As you may know, the consultation and engagement programme in the development of this roadmap was the largest undertaken in EirGrid’s history. Over 100 consultation and engagement events were held over a 14 week period from March to June this year. You can read a full independent Public Consultation Report here.
We are now holding online meetings to brief stakeholders who got involved in the consultation on the Shaping Our Electricity Future Roadmap. The agenda will include an overview of the Shaping Our Electricity Future consultation, the roadmap produced and next steps. There will also be an opportunity for questions.
- Thursday 2nd December at 7pm to 8.15pm – click here to register
- Thursday 9th December at 12pm to 1.15pm – click here to register
- (please note separate webinars will be available for industry stakeholders)
We have heard loud and clear that communities want to have a stake and to have ownership on this journey to decarbonise the electricity system long term. In a direct response to the feedback we heard, we have:
- Created a fourth work stream in the roadmap centred on Engagement
- Set an unprecedented expectation of 500MW of microgeneration (everyday people connecting to the grid) in Ireland by 2030.
- Increased our expectation of storage technology (where excess renewable energy can be stored) up to 1.65GW by 2030.
- Increased the distribution of 5GW of offshore wind.
- Increased the locating of large energy users in regional towns and cities, outside the greater Dublin area.